Sunday, November 18, 2012

Well, what had happened was...

After church and after we had dinner and ward member's house, I was totally going to sit down and just blog! But of course facebook distracted me a little bit. Then I got on my email, decided to email my best friend Candice, who's on a mission in Taiwan. Normally I don't write her lengthy emails to her because I try to save the good stuff for letters (when I actually take the time to write them) but also because I feel like not much goes on in my life. But I thought "cut the crap. I'm sure she wants to hear some of it!" so I wrote her little anecdotes of work life. Nothing revealing, because apparently there's no discussion whatsoever about what goes on at school... Well at least about the students and what disabilities they have and whatnot. But I still think I may post funny stories of things they say on here, at a future date of course. So anyways, I basically wrote her a novel of work stories and whatever's been on my mind. I just wrote what I would say to her as if we were on the phone together. After that, I decided to get on Pinterest. I seriously don't get on that much, but when I do, I pin my heart out! :)

So as I'm pinning away, what should I see but the number of emails in my inbox change--and guess who it's from? Candice!!!! What luck that I should be on at the same time she is in Taiwan writing her weekly email to her family! We were able to pass some emails back and forth and it was so wonderful! I miss that girl so much. When we emailed, it was the same her, so delightful and referencing some of our old inside jokes ^_^ And when I asked her what she wanted for Christmas, of course she couldn't decide. Her reply was "uh... a muffin mix.... maybe?" Haha

Anywho. No one appreciates this as much as I do. I don't care. I'm just happy I got to connect with her! Only 197-ish days until she's home!!!! You can bet I'm gonna be at the airport to give her the biggest bear hug of her life! Watch out, Candice! :)


    

1 comment:

  1. I've caught my brother on the computer on his P day in El Salvador before, and yeah. It's way fun to get to "talk" to missionaries. :-)

    ReplyDelete